Reading takes you to another world.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I have been reading the book This Lullaby written by the wonderful Sarah Dessen for around 3 weeks. But as I read the book This Lullaby, today, I focused and thought about what it really means to love someone or something. What is love ? How are we supposed to use this powerful word ? Are there certain standards that need to be fulfilled in order for something to be love ? I honestly think that love is different for everyone. Whether it is really just a word. Or maybe it's just an action. Does just saying "I love you" count as "love"? Or is that not good enough ?You have to decide for yourself,what love really is. Thanks to the book This Lullaby, Sarah Dessen, and especially Remy ( the main character),I now have.

In the book This Lullaby, Remy has been in tons of relationships, very much like her mother. Yet, I really don't think that she knows what love is. Especially because, when she feels that things are getting too serious, she brakes up with that person. In order to love something, you really have to know, not only how to love yourself, but what it feels like to be loved. Remy, doesn't know how it feels to be loved. I mean, her mom lives in her own world and doesn't really seem to be to interested in Remy. Her father, left her and her mother before she was even born. And sadly, I don't think that she wants be love or know what it feels like. She never wants to get close to anyone. She is very anti-social, that's how i think of her. Remy, needs to learn to trust other people and love people, because I really do think that she might like to be loved.

I think that love is more than just a word. I think it is more than just an action. Love is a way of expressing yourself. Love is so indescribable. Nothing can be compared to love. To be in love, love someone, or be loved, is the without a doubt the best thing you'll ever find in life. Love means to truly care about something/someone. I don't mean saying "i care about you" I mean ... Willing to die for that thing/person. This is what love is in my own words. What is love in your own words ? I think that love is something that two many people play with. They through the word love around like its some kind of game, but its not.So, people shouldn't pretend that love doesn't matter, because you will find, love is the only thing in life that truly matters. With love, you can do anything.
Love: Noun- Passionate Affection for someone or something.
Verb- To have affection for something.















4 comments:

  1. I love the beginning with the amount of questions you put about love! You're really elaborate about your thinking. Sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete