Reading takes you to another world.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1st response. 10-6-10

When i picked up the book "This Lullaby" by Sarah Dessen , I knew no matter what the story was about, i would fall in love. It has always been like that for me, I always fall in love ANY book written by Sarah Dessen. I always think that just maybe, I'll be disappointed with her book. It hasn't happened yet ! Sarah Dessen never lets me down. The way she writes her stories are amazing. There's always that one book that makes you feel as if you are with the main character. For me this is any book written by Sarah Dessen. When its time for Project Real i pull out "This Lullaby" and enter Remy's world.
In the book "This Lullaby" Remy, ( the main character) doesn't want to be in a serious relationship with anyone. Each time she feels things are getting to serious, she dumps them. She's learned most of her romantic skills from her mother ... who has been divorced 4 times and is about to get married again. When Remy meets Dexter for the first time... She can't stand him ... but there's something special about Dexter. Remy just can't seem to be able to dump him. Maybe for the first time ... Remy has fallen in love, but doesn't want to admit it .. to anyone ... not even herself.
Reading the book "This Lullaby" is exciting, you never know what will happen next ! Thats something I enjoy about Sarah Dessen, her writing is unpredictable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've found an author you can rely on! Do you see any patterns across her books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ... her books, so far always have something to do with falling in love and friendships. :)

    ReplyDelete