Reading takes you to another world.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can Love Change The Person That You Are ?

I'm finally finishing up the book This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. It's an amazing book, and i would recommend it anyone! This book has taught me about love and reality. But as I read the book last night, what stood out were the changes that Remy has gone through. It made me wonder about a lot of stuff. In order to be in love, do you have to go out of your way to get it ? Can you never change(not be "flexible") and still find love? Can love actually change the person that you are? I think that you do have to make some changes, even if there not a really big deal.
Remy, started off as a girl that didn't want to be loved, and didn't really care what anyone thought about her. She was not "mean" but a little "stiff". Over the course of this book, she changed a lot. She changed mostly because of love and partly because of Dexter(her boyfriend). Dexter went way out of his way in order to just say "Hi," to Remy. At first, Remy couldn't stand him... walking in the opposite direction if she saw him. I think that unconsciously Remy fell in love with Dexter because he went out of his way to make conversation; something that no one else really did for her.
The changes Remy have made are tremendous. She slowly began to open up to different people, not just Dexter. One of these people is her step father, she slowly began to allow him to create a bond... a fatherly-daughter bond. Her changes have suprised me and i was amazingly shocked when she finally said yes to Dexter instead of pushing him away like usual.
This book is amazing and has taught me a lot, i cant wait to finish it. I can't wait to get to the end, and im sure when i get to the end, i'll want more to read.

4 comments:

  1. Loved your thoughtful questions, even though i'm trying to stay away from lovey-dovey books, i'm willing to give any Sarah Dessen book a try. I also thought the end paragraph of yours was creative! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zarrin! YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GIVE THEM I A TRY!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waoh, powerful stuff! I love, love, love the structure you used for this post. You have a clever/witty title, a bit of contex, some of your opinion on the book, and you left the reader with questions (I can;t answer the questions though cause I know squat about love.), everything Ms.Robbins tought us! What a smarty. Now I kind of want to read it to see if it tought me the same things it tought you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thank You. And You Definitely Should. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete